[3830] WAE RTTY KB4KBS Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 13 18:36:27 PST 2011

                    WAE DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KB4KBS
Operator(s): KB4KBS
Station: KB4KBS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ROSWELL, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 4:45

   40:  32    32    0     60
   20:  47    47    0     52
Total:  79    79    0    112  Total Score = 8,848

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I love RTTY contests but was very constrained with my time for this event.  I
planned to only operate 3:00 on Saturday evening (and even that unexpected
window was a pleasant surprise), but found myself with 90 minutes on Sunday
afternoon.

I think I have finally figured out the QTC thing with N1MM, but didn't have a
chance to try it out.  N1MM did crash on me at least three times in mid-QSO and
so I have three hams who are NIL.  By the time I got the software up and running
again, they were gone.  All were while I was in a running mode and using ESM.  I
probably hit a wrong key or in some other way scrambled the program, but darned
if I know what I did.

I worked lots of Europeans, but don't know if I landed any new ones in my quest
to finally get DXCC after 27 years.  We shall see

Station:
Kenwood TS-450SAT
RigBlaster Plus
G5RV at 30'