[3830] JIDX SSB NX6T(@W6HCD) M/S HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 14 01:36:11 PST 2011

                    JIDX Contest, Phone

Call: NX6T
Operator(s): N6KI, WQ6X, K6GO, N6OHS
Station: W6HCD

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CA

Total:  707   170  Total Score = 152,150

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

This was the second time the San Diego Contest Club members worked JIDX SSB
Contest from teh W6HCD site and with a more serious effort than 2010 we more
than tripled our score !
This year we set up a MULT station and though it was not manned all 30 hours,
it was manned most of the time when  2 bands were open to Japan.
Many thanks to Dick K6KAL and Rusty for help setting up the station and Gayle
K6GO and Mike N6OHS who helped in getting antennas set up on the borrowed N6OX
70 ft Tower Trailer which sported a 2 El Shorty 40 Yagi at 78 feet and our 80
mtr Inverted V Dipole. Our 46 foot tower trailer already set up on site was
equipped with a 3 EL SteppIR Yagi and 2nd 80 mtr Inverted V. 40 Mtr band
yielded the most QSOs and Prefectures with 10 and 15 also yielding good results
in QSO and prefectures. We never found 20 mtr band to be very productive and
wondered if the JAs were just not frequenting 20 as much as the other bands or
had we just spent too much time on 10 and 15 ?! We are learning how to operate
JIDX more efficiently every year and we hope to someday break 1,000 QSOs if
Propagation continues to improve over next few years and we operate more
efficiently ! 73, Dennis N6KI