[3830] SS CW K0AV(@N0RU) Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 14 21:01:29 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K0AV
Operator(s): K0AV
Station: N0RU

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Woodland Park, CO

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Many thanks to Robb, N0RU for letting me set up at his station again this year.

To be extra sure of success I brought my own computer - and of course,
something zapped the OS as I was hooking up the second monitor . . . and I
missed 2 hours right at the beginning!  ugh

Then I chased the pack for the rest of the contest.  Talk about motivation.
Worked the second radio like a mad man.

Last contact just before the bell was K2HVN (in Delaware) who answered my CQ -
he was my last section for my FIRST EVER SWEEP!  After a bad start - that was
such a sweet way to finish.

Rigs: K3 + K2
SO2R: micro2R
Antennas: TH-7 fixed at 30 deg., Bencher SkyHawk, 2 el 40 yagi, Hy-Tower, 80
zepp and 2 el TA-32jr fixed to northwest.
Computer: cheap crappy desktop

Q K0AV 60 CO

73, Alan