[3830] NCCC Sprint N6ZFO LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Thu Nov 17 20:42:16 PST 2011

                    NCCC Sprint - Nov 18

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA

  160:   0      0
   80:   5      4
   40:  18     11
   20:  11      9
Total:  34     24  Total Score = 816

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Hear signals heard at the outset on 20 so started on 40. . after 2 Q's there,
went back to 20, where lots of activity suddenly materialized.

Now normally I'd leave the QLF's to the Locust. . but not tonight.

1) Upon going to 80m forgot that I had reconfigured the station for ARRL SS
with a separate tuner and relay for sharing the DE Zepp between 80 and 40.
Thus something designed for rapid switching caused the loss of 1 minute while I
figured out why the SWR was infinity on 80m.

2) Went to 160 meters with 5 mins left, completely forgetting that I had
borrowed the coax that runs from the remote relay to the 160 m inverted L.  Too
bad. .  there was a gaggle of strong stations coming through on the Beverage.

Lots of good activity . . pleased to see N7WA showing up, and NA4K as well.
And always a pleasure to hear John, K3TN in there for the MD mult.

73 bill n6zfo