[3830] SS SSB W3YY SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 20 14:58:50 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W3YY
Operator(s): W3YY
Station: W3YY

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Just wanted to gain some experience with my new Alpha 8410 in preparation for
next weeks CQ WW CW contest.

The 8410 worked great.  Band changes were quick and easy by just returning
tuning settings to those previously recorded.  No fine tuning necessary.

Kind of wanted a sweep for the new amp and I got it.  Good participation from
VE8, VY1, KL7, KP4, and VI helped.  Tnx guys!  My last 3 sections were EB, QC,
and KY.  EB???  That surprised me.

The bands sounded horrible to me.  Just a constant noisy din with only a few
standout signals.  By contrast, the CW weekend seemed much much better.

Hope you all did well.

73, Bob - W3YY