[3830] SS SSB N4WW(WF3C) Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 20 17:37:28 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N4WW
Operator(s): WF3C
Station: N4WW

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: nfl

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Station worked as well as could be expected, but the operator was not up to
snuff this weekend. Doc's station has top-10 potential as K0LUZ proved on CW,
but I need more SO2R practice to make Sunday as productive as it has to be.

Missed PR - NP4A was loud on 10m but had a huge pileup and apparently went QRT
when I was working someone on my run radio. I kept dropping my call in with the
lowest 10m yagi turned as far toward KP4 as I could turn it while he was there,
but no good when I had a break on the run radio. Never heard another PR.

Radio 1: FTDX-5000 + Alpha 77Dx + MFJ Voicekeyer (We've never run down the
conflict between Doc's computers and his MicroKeyer 2's that prevents them
being used properly on phone; these will be the last phone contacts made from
N4WW for the year though)

Radio 2: TS-940 + Amp Supply LK800A + Kenwood Hand Mic

10m - 5/5/5 on a 100' tower
15m - 5/5 on a 100' tower
20m - 4/4/4 on a 140' tower (middle antenna fixed to EU and not used)
40m - 4-ele @ 160'