[3830] SS SSB ND0C Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 20 19:03:46 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MN

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

I think there were some pretty good QRP scores from what I heard on the air.
Conditions were pretty good, but kind of tough going as usual on 40 and 80 for
QRP.  The majority of my QSOs were S&P and it seemed like my rate was slow, but
fortunately I was also able to get a few decent runs going. I never did hear a
KP4, which was all I needed for the sweep. Bummer.

I discovered an issue with my logging software:  If I have a station call me
that is a dupe according to my log, but I'm not in their log, the program will
not allow me to log it again without deleting the original QSO.  So I have to
delete the original QSO before I log the "replacement" one.  It's a lot of
screwing around, and sure slows things down.  Hmmmm....

Once again, thanks again for all the good ears and patience.  On 40 and 80 it
seemed like the most common response after I gave my exchange was "Give it all
to me again!"

The ND0C super-station:
   Yaesu FT897D running 5 watts out
   Wilson 3 element tribander at 48 feet
   Dipole for 40 and 80 at 45 feet

73,
Randy, ND0C

"You don't have to be crazy to contest with QRP... but it helps!"