[3830] SS SSB KB4KBS SO Unlimited LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 20 19:28:35 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KB4KBS
Operator(s): KB4KBS
Station: KB4KBS

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: ROSWELL, GA

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

I had to split my operating time in half because of a Sunday Morning job so I
put in 7 hours  on Saturday and 8 hours on Sunday afternoon and evening.  I am
not happy with my results, but can only blame the operator and the station.  I
did manage to work 76 of the 80 sections but will have to XQSO my NWT contact
for being out-of-privileges, so a net of 75. I missed SFL, WTX, EB, and NL.  I
did make what I think is a wise decision for my operating environment, that is
to slog through the pile ups for the rare stations and not put them off for
sometime later.  This obviously killed my rate, but for my set-up, 16.3 Q's per
hour is probably a personal best.

I didn't use the DVR enough so I'm sure I'll be hoarse all week.  The N1MM
software performed admirably and did not crash at all this time.  I probably
can filter out-of-privileges spots to prevent those mistakes, or I can just
suck it up and upgrade to Extra.

Thanks to all for the contacts...