[3830] SS SSB W6YI Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 20 20:05:58 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W6YI
Operator(s): K6AM, N6KI, N6MJ, W6YI
Station: W6YI

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: San Diego

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to everyone for the qsos, especially the new comers on 10 mtrs. We really
appreciate working you. All the operators did an outstanding job as we had four
hours of over 180 contacts an hour. The bands were great, although it seemed
from here that overall participation was down a little. On Friday, we copied
the k6na tradition of installing a yagi the day before a contest. Glenn and
John, k6am provided the help to place a 15mtr owa on the 95' sky needle. The
crew enjoyed our customary steak dinner and shared some tales of the contest,
73’s Jim, w6yi