[3830] SS SSB AB7R Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 20 20:46:10 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: AB7R
Operator(s): AB7R
Station: AB7R

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WWA

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

Was working for the sweep.  Sunday afternoon I headed out to work outside...feed
the horses, clean pastures...etc.  When I left I still needed Newfoundland.
When I got back to the shack I started hunting again and bam...there was VO1KVT
but it would not be easy as there was 20 over QRM close by.  I cranked the K3
filter down to 1.5 kHz and with good timing and lots of luck I got him!

Way too much noise on the lower bands.  40 was very disappointing but I admit I
did not give it much of a chance.

Time to put the mic away again till next time...maybe.