[3830] SS SSB K5WA Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 21 05:31:47 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This is my personal best.  I've gotten the station running much better than the
operator but it made the experience much more pleasant.  I actually wasn't
overly drained at the end with only a couple of hours sleep.  It seems like we
had lots of new players in the contest and that was great to hear even though
it was painful to explain the rules over and over.  Wouldn't it be nice to be
able to point them to a specific frequency where they could ask questions from
an "instructor" about exchange format.  Who wants to volunteer to sit on that
frequency for 30 hours?  ;-)

I had very few deliberate jammers but I was VERY happy to use the K3s AUTONOTCH
 which completely eliminated the jammer.  I was able to continue running even
through the interference.  The only way I knew a carrier was on frequency was
that the S-meter was hung at 20 over when he transmitted.  The jamming actually
seemed to improve the rate by "clearing" the frequency!

SK was my last mult but got a couple after that, as usual.