[3830] SS SSB K4WES Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 21 07:59:21 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K4WES
Operator(s): K4WES
Station: K4WES

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Saturday night was a little tough using a wire on 80m with high SWR.  Luckily I

had another wire for 160m that tuned up on 80m and that worked well from there
on.

While running, I noticed that after working a station with precedence of U,
that I would get a surge in Qs. :-)  Great encouragement for an LP to run more
often, even with short runs, it proved to work better than S&P.

Had a good surge in Qs (27) near the last hour on 80m for 18 minutes, so that
was a nice way to end the contest.

I missed the following sections:  RI, VT, SNJ, and QC.

I didn't do as well as last year (56k), but at least it ended well.

It'll be interesting to see the backlog on LoTW this week.  ;-)

It was great to hear comments on the air about all of the MDC and NC stations
on this weekend.

Thanks for all the Qs!

73 de k4Wes