[3830] SS SSB W9QL SO Unlimited LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 21 13:21:51 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W9QL
Operator(s): W9QL
Station: W9QL

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

My first QSO was ND! NWT and NL followed in the first 20 minutes, so I thought I
was off to a good start. It was good to see 10 open, and that was where I found
WP4I in PR, who was in a massive pile-up. I took some time off for family
matters and football, and still had two sections to go at 3:00 PM Sunday. One
was MB, and I found VE4EAR on 20 later in the day (thanks, ED). The last
section I needed was KY, and I finally found W5MX on 40 at 6:30 PM for the
sweep! This was my first year operating as a single-op (usually I'm part of a
multi team) and it was great to get the sweep on my own. I run low power with a
G5RV, so it is sometimes a challenge to get through the plie-ups. Thanks to
everyone who came back to my call.

73's, Dave