[3830] SS SSB KK4CIS Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 21 18:56:02 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KK4CIS
Operator(s): KK4CIS
Station: KK4CIS

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SFL

Rig:  FT897D, 100 watts through 15, 20 and 40 meter dipoles.

My first ARRL Phone Sweepstakes; I had a blast and can't wait for next year's
contest.

All S&P.  Tried running a few times but never seemed to attract any takers (a
whopping total of 4 Qs while running). I was a little surprised that a SFL
station didn't attract more attention based on the small number of submitted
logs from SFL last year.

Was also very surprised that 40m was my most productive band (50% of Qs), as my
40m dipole is only 20' off the ground (PAC was logged on 40m).  20m was very
difficult at all times.  15m was good, and the pileups on 10m were very hard to
break through, but did manage to log a number of Canadian stations on 10m (many
thanks!).

Never heard VT or CT the entire contest.  In hindsight I should have stuck
around for the lone NT station I heard early on in the contest, despite the
epic pileup, as I never heard another. Who knew MDC had so many active
contesters . . . .

Top 10 Sections
Rank      Section	% of Total Qs
1	      MDC	             9%
2	       VA	             6%
3	       NC	             5%
4	       TN	             5%
5	       STX	             4%
6	        IL	             3%
7	        MN	             3%
8	       SCV	             3%
9	       WMA	             3%
10	        EPA	             2%

Top 3 Checks:
Rank         Check Year         % of Total Checks
1                 1958                     5.2%
2                 1955                     4.6%
3                 1999                     4.0%

Many thanks to everyone who pulled my signal out of the muck.

73
KK4CIS