[3830] SS SSB K7IR Multi-Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Wed Nov 23 14:12:04 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K7IR
Operator(s): K7IR WA7IR K7XS K7HX K7EDX N9ADG
Station: K7IR

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: EWA

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

What is it about Sweepstakes?

For us, it evolved into something like a "Ham Thanksgiving," where the friends
and family from near and far gather to temporarily put together a multi-op
station and contest. Some members of our team only participate in this one
contest each year!

This year our goals were to better than last year, be ready at contest start,
learn some new techniques to help us get better, and have fun.

Though we were 'ready' at the beginning of the contest, our first hour was more
hectic (and the rate lower) than we would have liked as we worked out the
jitters. We all fell into the groove as the contacts on 10 and 15 meters poured
in (with the occasional cry of anguish as the other operator was locked out).

This year we had the luxury of using two K3's and two Alpha 87As, which helped
to reduce operator burden; three SteppIR antennas:  DB32, DB36, and 4 element
beams.

Thanks to all for the contacts, see you in the next one!