[3830] CQWW CW N4GG SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 27 17:09:34 PST 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N4GG
Operator(s): N4GG
Station: N4GG

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 12:18

  160:    4     4        4
   80:   21    10       15
   40:  111    19       64
   20:  117    22       73
   15:  190    29       99
   10:  178    28      103
------------------------------
Total:  621   112      357  Total Score = 810,432

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Thanksgiving company cleared out at 5AM Sunday morning - time to start
contesting!
The high bands were in great shape - nice to have some sunspots.  80 and 160
sounded awful Sunday evening...and 40 was not as loud as I'm used to either.  I
guess this is the new "normal."

Almost all S&P and playing around.  Stayed on 10 to get DXCC, then droped to 15
and missed DXCC by 1 country.  All that hurt the score, but I was out to have
fun and work friends - plus check some new antenna arangements.

I ran packet merged with skimmer for two hours.  YUK!  I like to S&P up the
band and stop and call a CQ or two every time I find a hole.  That was causing
me to get instantly skimmer-spotted and after 20 minutes of that I was spotted
on lot's of different QRGs on the same band.  Also,IMHO the skimmers feeding
the system have accuracy far worse than the humans.  I was N4GM lots of times -
other busted calls littered the band map.  No more skimmer for me, TNX.

Lots of fun - some great scores out there.  Courtesy seem very good, clicks
were at a minimum - it was a nice day.

2X:  FT1000MP+INRAD, ACOM 2000A; WRITELOG, HomeBrew SO2R, Wires in the woods.