[3830] CQWW CW KN5O SOSB(A)/15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 27 18:02:05 PST 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KN5O
Operator(s): KN5O
Station: KN5O

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: Covington, LA

   15: 1373    38      147
Total: 1373    38      147  Total Score = 706,885

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Decided to forgo the M/2 and M/S categories this time around, primarily due to
lack of operators.  Dallas (K1DW) and I like our sleep too much.. So we chose
to operate W5RU as SOSB(A)_10 and I ran with my call SOSB(A)_15M.

10M conditions here were poor compared to the SSB weekend in October.  15M was
better, but still not as good as it was in October.  We made the best of what
we had to work with and between both bands, logged nearly 2250 Qs.  10M folded
early here, probably about 30 minutes after the contest started.  15M continued
for about 3.5 hours, then slowed significantly  Called it quits at 0430 UTC.
15M opened about 11:30 UTC Saturday and was good for about 13 hours before it
cratered.  Again 10M folded about 0000UTC.  Same repeat on Sunday to the
contest ended.

Thanks to all for the QSOs.

73,
Ted