[3830] CQWW CW KX9X SOAB QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 27 18:14:55 PST 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KX9X
Operator(s): KX9X
Station: KX9X

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: CT

  160:    3     2        2
   80:   20     5        8
   40:  150    15       56
   20:  167    14       62
   15:  161    17       62
   10:  169    21       69

After living in the same apartment building for four years, the landlord finally
gave approval for an external antenna. With help from NJ1Q, I was able to put u
and off-center-fed dipole (overall length about 270 feet), about 30 feet off
the ground. This was my first serious effort from my own place since moving out
 to CT.

I'm VERY pleased with the results. the antenna works well into Europe and the
Caribbean on all bands, but not so well to Oceania and Asia. My multiplier
total reflects that... no JA or UA9/0, only a couple of KH6 and only one ZL.
Still, it's better than my old indoor wire loop, so I can't complain.

Hope everybody had as much fun as I did. CU from W1AW with N0AX in ARRL 160.

73,

Sean Kx9X