[3830] CQWW CW KB9UWU SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 27 19:37:12 PST 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KB9UWU
Operator(s): KB9UWU
Station: KB9UWU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IL

   40:  110    19       51
   20:   12     8       12
   15:    4     4        3
   10:  221    26       75

A day before Thanksgiving I added 10 meter wires to my 40 meter attic dipole.
The original plan was to remove the antenna after it's temporary installation
for SS CW... well, you see how that worked.  I couldn't pass up an opportunity
to hear 10 meters in such great shape.  I used the same primitive setup as SS
CW. Rig on card table, laptop on tv tray, dinning room chair for a seat, 100'
coax through house into attic, 1:1 choke w/10 and 40m fan dipole at 25' zip
tied to rafters.  It's a thrill to set up such a basic station in a matter of
minutes and work some good DX!  There were times I didn't feel weak on 10
meters... its great to have sunspots!

73
Matt