[3830] CQWW CW NI7R SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 27 20:56:00 PST 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NI7R
Operator(s): NI7R
Station: NI7R

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: AZ

   40:  126    24       58
   20:  121    25       53
   15:  219    29       85
   10:  153    29       65
------------------------------
Total:  619   107      261  Total Score = 632,960

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Great conditions, especially 15 and 10 meters. My best showing in a DX contest.
My first time to work DXCC in a weekend (110 DXCC entities). But, it was rough
going at times with my HOA restricted antennas. I put up a temporary 10 meter
dipole at a height of only 10 feet, but it worked quite well. For 40, 20, and
15 I used a screwdriver vertical with a 12 foot whip on top of an aluminum
ladder. For band changes, I have to run out to the courtyard and manually
adjust the antenna, so I keep band changes to a minimum. For 15 meters I have
to take a tape measure and adjust the whip length. I used the WA7LNW skimmer
via the VE7CC-1 cluster, which improved my score greatly. Unfortunately, I only
worked EL2A on 3 bands. I never saw a 10 meter skimmer spot for EL2A. Great fun!