[3830] CQWW CW G0WAT SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 28 05:01:52 PST 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G0WAT
Operator(s): G0WAT
Station: G0WAT

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Welwyn Garden City

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  283     8       46
   40:  252    13       56
   20:  173    14       41
   15:  131    16       27
   10:  191    20       39
------------------------------
Total: 1030    71      209  Total Score = 510,440

Club: Stevenage and District ARS

Comments:

First contest in anything like a semi-serious guise for quite a few years due to
issues various.

Equipment was K3/100 AND Butternut HF6V...no 160m ant :(

In an effort to enhance domestic bliss I set up the shack downstairs in the
living room (the 'shack' usually resides in a corner fo the main bedroom)...I
had under-estimated the effect of...

A- Too high a dining room table
B- Too uncomfortable a chair (numb bum and pins and needles a realxed contest
operating session do not make
C- The disturbance of the Children and XYL watching 'Coming Dancing'whilst I
was in my living room shack...nice to see you, too see you nice!
D- Instead of gettting a bit of shut eye on the Friday evening, instead goignt
o the Pub and having a chinese meal with my Sister and her man.

So all in all the final result wasn't too bad...it was my first outing with my
new K3 and its is absolutley great!...as I believe our American cousins have it
'That thing slices AND dices'...great fun!

WinTest its usual FB...

Antenna was not great...it is REALLY hard work to get a run going with a
multi-band vertical from G Land and 100w...spent far, far too much time trying
to sate my inner Rate Monkey and nowhere near enough time placating my
head-not-heart Mult chaser...c'est la vie.

Overall I think I didn't do too badly considering the set-up, but as ever
better antenna(s) and more bum in seat time are crucial.

Highlights

Overall great, great fun and its nice to be back on planet contest after some
years away....splendid DX worked on some bands...with CQWW if you can't bust
that pile-up for something juicy theres always another just up/down the
band...w00t 10m was great!

Lowlights

Dingbat DX who don't sign except once in a blue moon, this has certainly gotten
worse(Grrr!)...that chair...Bruce Forsyth.

73 Paul G0WAT