[3830] CQWW CW N4KG SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 28 07:37:37 PST 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N4KG
Operator(s): N4KG + PACKET
Station: N4KG

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: ALA

  160:   24    10       19
   80:   85    19       52
   40:  214    32      101
   20:  179    34       94
   15:  196    34      115
   10:  213    34      115
------------------------------
Total:  911   163      496  Total Score = 1,650,795

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

I'm too tired to do my usual writeup and make an early submission so here are
the numbers for the Bottom Line World we live in.

There was No Way I could stick to my planned sleep schedule and I paid the
price Saturday / Sunday, having to take naps when I could no longer function
well.  Multipliers on 160,80,20 Meters suffered the consequences.  I HAD to
take a nap at noon Sunday which resulted in the loss of many easy EU
multipliers as the MUF was dropping.  I must have lost several Low Band
Multipliers when I was unable to continue functioning efficiently early
Saturday night and went to bed.  3 Months of "contesting" and "Burning the DX
Candle at Both Ends" has worn me out!

I was Most Impressed with the performance of my 80M Sloping Dipole on 40M (fed
with Ladderline and a Johnson Matchbox).  96 Countries in 6 hours the first
night before going to 80M for the first time after midnight.  When I later
found DR1A S9 on 160M, I knew I would not get much sleep that night.

The addition of a D3 Dipole at 65 ft. fixed on JA/S.A. was Very Useful.  Thanks
to the efforts by AA4NU, I was able to work most of my NA/SA contacts on that
dipole and therefore NOT have to turn my only High Band Beam (TH7 at 40 ft).
The D3 was even able to Bust several fairly big pileups!

Tom N4KG in North Alabama