[3830] CQWW CW K5TR(K5PI) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 28 09:46:58 PST 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K5TR
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: K5TR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: STX

  160:   16     9       11
   80:  128    19       56
   40:  946    28       84
   20:  406    32       87
   15:  740    31       97
   10: 1014    29       98

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to George for his generosity in letting me use his station -- and his new
full sized, 4 element 40M OWA beam.  That antenna is at 120 feet but is
effectively higher due to his sloping ground location.  It was a champ!

It's been several years since I did a 48 hour contest as a single op, and I
decided this time not to kill myself.  While I definitely felt my mental acuity
diminish -- it got harder and harder to work the second radio -- I didn't have a
repeat of my 2003 experience when I woke up from a nap, sat down in the chair,
and honestly had no clue how to make a contact for five full minutes!

I'm a little embarrased of my 160 numbers, but honestly just didn't find many
signals on the band.

Wasn't 10M a blast?!  Only two weeks till the 10M Contest!