[3830] CQWW CW TF3CW SOSB/20 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 28 10:20:47 PST 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: TF3CW
Operator(s): TF3CW
Station: TF3CW

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Iceland

   20: 3200    35      116
Total: 3200    36      116  Total Score = 934,880

Another great CW constest is over......Once again, Good Old 20 was in great
shape at the start of the contest. From 0000Z - 0530Z, I had over 650 Qs in the
log....never happened before....

All of saturday continued with great propagation, but come sunday propagation
took a serious dive. The otherwise beautiful Aurora was at level 7 over TF land
for hours, and kind of sucked our signals dry.....

Things improved slightly, but only ever so slightly. US was way down compared
to saturday, and EU was even stronger with the beam pointing to US rather than
EU !!

But there was a light at the end of the tunnel....and a very bright light at
that.....After calling CQ for 15 mins. on a seemingly dead band.... and as I
reached for the dial to spin it...... YB1AR drops his call for a Double
Mult.....just another Priceless Contest Moment.....

Due to the disturbed propagation my NA / EU ratio suffered compared to the SSB
part. My CW ratio: EU 53%, NA 34%. Whereas my SSB ratio was: EU 43%, NA

Great fun as usual, and sorry I could not QSY to other bands for those that
asked, as the only antenna up was my 4L on 20.

73 - Siggi TF3CW
CONTESTING: Much more than a Hobby, a Lifestyle.....