[3830] CQWW CW LZ9W M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 28 11:16:29 PST 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1ZD, LZ1PM, LZ1UQ, LZ1ANA, LZ1FG, LZ2PO, LZ2UU, LZ2CJ, LZ2FV, LZ2UZ, LZ2HQ, LZ2TU, LZ2WO, LZ2GL, LZ3UM, OK1FDR
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Breznik

  160:  1013    21       77
   80:  2156    34      126
   40:  3404    38      151
   20:  2417    40      152
   15:  1818    39      157
   10:  1629    38      156
-------------------------------

Club: LZ CONTEST TEAM

Comments:

Great activity and good, but not excellent condx.

Due to the lost of 2 radios and one amp app. 2 hours of operating time were
lost on prime time on two bands.

160m
Newly installed 330m long Beverage to USA /West Europe improved significantly
our copying abilities on top band in that direction. Eastern 168m long
Beverage, though was picking up a lot of noise probably coming from big cities
located in that direction and copying Asian stations was a torture. In spite of
poorer condx on top band we made just 10 QSOs less than in 2010 and 1 multiplier
more than in 2010. Receiving antennas, though can not compensate for being
located on the wrong side of Europe to be able to "catch" those Carribean mults
through the European "wall" :-(

80m
Our 80m 3 el. WA3FET was rebuild by LZ1ZD just on time for CW part of CQWW.
This time it can be folded down outside of CQWW or WPX contests and we hope it
will survive much longer than the first one :-). 236 QSO and 4 multipliers less
were made this year compared to 2010 probably due to increased activity on
higher bands. The only drawback is that it appears that 3el yagi in LZ is equal
to a high dipole or single vertical in other parts of Europe :-( ?

40m
Our best band - even DR1A made less QSOs on that one ;-). New 4 el WA3FET yagi
is a killer antenna on this band.

20m
Although we did much better than in SSB part on 20m it is still our weakest
band for some reason. We have 6/6/6 to USA and 4/4 to East plus 6 el OWA
rotatable but.... We'll keep working on this one.

15m
In the period of low sun activity in last years we usually did very well on
that band - it used to be our best band. Now in period of high sun activity
propagation Gods seem to favor North European stations, since here band started
to close each day at about 17.30 Z and this prevented making a bigger number of
QSOs.

10m
When opened it was GREAT, but especially on Sunday it closed at 16.30 Z as
mentioned by my friend Andy LZ9A ( LZ2HM ) So, smaller number of QSOs on this
one, too.

The good side of it is that we made a better score than existing EU M/M record
improving our last year score by some 4 000 000 points.

Our THANKS to Radim OK1FDR for making a trip from Prague to Breznik to operate
as part of 20m team for 32 hours almost without a sleep and then flying back to
OK land on Sunday afternoon. We appreciate this VERY MUCH.

Our THANKS go to George LZ2GL,too for excellent technical support as usual.

Congrats to other EU M/M for nice scores.

73 Wally LZ2CJ
on behalf of LZ9W Contest Team