[3830] SS SSB K4XD SO Unlimited HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 28 17:20:25 PST 2011

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K4XD
Operator(s): K4XD
Station: K4XD

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NC

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Having to catch a plane at 8 Sunday morning meant this was destined to be a part
time effort.  Starting at 5PM ET because SS CW started at 5PM ET meant missing
the first hour of the contest, doh!!  My goal was simply to get some points for
my club while getting enough sleep to make it to the airport Sunday morning.  I
normally try to get 100K points in each SS but about half that was all I could
manage this time.

I was fairly surprised to have 75 sections worked by midnight and one more in
the half hour before leaving for the airport, including two NT's.  ND, SDG, SK
and PR eluded me.

Short effort and mercifully short writeup :) !

Thanks to all for the Q's, I always find I enjoy SS SSB more when I get into it
than I expect.  Hours of talking seems tiring to contemplate, and I still enjoy
CW more, but this was... OK, I admit it, it was fun!

73,
Rowland K4XD