[3830] CQWW CW NN3W SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 28 18:28:49 PST 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W
Station: NN3W

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    4     3        3
   80:   87    15       51
   40:  334    31      107
   20:  167    32       80
   15:  167    22       77
   10:  184    23       79
------------------------------
Total:  943   126      397  Total Score = 1,383,335

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First time I've broken one million in any contest from the home QTH.  Would have
been nice to break 1,000 QSOs, but I'll take what I can get.

High bands were in good shape (including 40 which produced a lot of mults).  My
assistance was limited since I didn't chase any packet spots, but noticed about
2 hours into the contest that I had left myself connected.  Oh well.

Tried a home brew yagi for 10 meters made out of bamboo.  It was very heavy and
need to rethink weight considerations for ARRL 10.  But the concept worked!