[3830] CQWW CW 5Q2T(OZ0J) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 29 07:39:43 PST 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 5Q2T
Operator(s): OZ0J
Station: OZ0J

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: jo55wf

  160:    5     2        5
   80:   54     9       34
   40:  154    21       80
   20:   78     8       26
   15:   97     9       27
   10:   63    19       37

It was quite a challenge to participate in the CQWW CW contest this year. I had
some technical problems before and during the contest, and not all where
solved.

Monday before the contest I blew off the balun of my Spiderbeam when I tried to
work a new DXCC on 10 M. I manage to fix something during Monday evening and
Tuesday morning but it was not with the best result. The beam could be used but
it could also be better.

Before the CQWW SSB I put up a 1/4 wave vertical with 4 radials. It was amazing
what I could work on that vertical so I looked forward to work many new DXCCs on
40 M during the weekend. The vertical did very well before the cable between the
vertical part of the antenna and the coax cable gave up Sunday evening.

The fan in my ETO 91b has for some years been howling 1 â€" 2 minutes after
start. This weekend the fan decides to howl Saturday evening and Sunday
morning. Before noon on Sunday I gave up and changed the amplifier with an ACOM
1000.

As OZ1ADL mentioned Denmark was hit by a storm and Sunday afternoon my
Spiderbeam gave up. Then it was only on 40 M for a few extra hours.

It is still difficult for others to get 5Q prefix correct first time. I was
logged as HQ2T and SQ2T more than once and got cl? in return when I sent CQ
Zone 14. My New Year’s resolution is to work more CW contests as 5Q2T.

On Sunday the rig was used by OZ5BD for some hours.

It was fun to participate in the contest with such conditions. I look forward
to join you again in 10 M ARRL contest in approx. 2 weeks. We will be a small
team from a club just outside Copenhagen.

QSL via OZ0J, direct, buro or LOTW.