[3830] Repost - CQWW CW K0RF M/M HP

Michael Dinkelman mwdink at clearwire.net
Wed Nov 30 21:18:56 PST 2011

                   CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0RF
Operator(s): K0RF,  W0DLE,  WB0GAZ,  W0UA,  W0ZP, AD1C, W1XE, W2CO, W2UP, K7NV
Station: K0RF

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CO

 160:  278    24       65
  80:  602    29      100
  40: 1589    39      139
  20: 1219    40      144
  15: 1448    39      155
  10: 1193    35      148
------------------------------
Total: 6329   206      751  Total Score = 16,275,699

My attempt to post for K0RF, per his request, was rudely interrupted
when it suddenly submitted on me in mid-post.   I’m sure this was some
ham-fistedness on my part, still not sure what I did.  But, I can’t
seem to get this fixed any other way, so trying this
Way.  Let’s see, where was I?

I had mentioned that Chuck worked his little tail off getting the
station ready for a shot at the Tenth District M/M record.  Now it was
up to the ops:

Chuck did 160 and had the best JA openings in recent memory.

W0UA and Wayne, W0ZP, did 80.  The first night was pretty good but on
Saturday night it sounded as if someone had thrown a wet blanket over
the band.  But was it ever good to
Asia both nights!

It’s become a tradition for Kurt, K7NV to come over, share
Thanksgiving with us and help Chuck with the pre-contest chores.  He
not only did that, but captained 40 Meters (with able assistance from
W0ZP) to
Our highest band-score.  We lost the big 40 rotator on Sunday
afternoon.  Up went Kurt to replace the motor.  Down he came &
finished the contest.  What can you say to that except “WOW!”  Yep,
this guy can do it all.

Another Chuck, W0DLE came down from his mountain QTH and assisted
team-regular (and resident prankster) George, W1XE.   They had the
only “zone-sweep” for us and seemed to be having a good
Time over there across the room. Nice going, guys.  BMD, Chuck!

We had an all-star team on 15.  CW Champ Barry, W2UP and Jim, AD1C
left nothing on the table.  This wasn’t a “hot” band, just enough to
get our share.  Check the mult total and you can see that Jim was
serious business.  Not to mention sneaking to “dead” bands
At weird hours & raising eyebrows with Q’s and mults.   Barry?  He
just plain knows the Morse code!

W0UA and W0ZP shared 10 Meters.  The openings were shorter than we’d
hoped and when they were over they were clamped shut.  Wayne did an
outstanding job with the mults and assisted with 40 and 80, too.  He
really gets into it—he was everywhere.

Tom, W2CO and Dave, WB0GAZ helped with Q’s & mults on several bands.
Tom is always ready to plug-in wherever needed & get the job done.

OK, well if the logs are decent, we finally caught the old Zero-Land
record, so we’re happy campers out here.   Of course, we stand in awe
of the mega-scores from our East Coast brethren.  We got a little
taste of that this time & we liked it a lot!   And finally, thank you
JA!

For Chuck & the K0RF ops,

Geo W0UA