[3830] CaQP WN6K SOFixed LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 2 17:32:27 PDT 2011

                    California QSO Party

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOFixed LP
QTH: SDIE
Operating Time (hrs): 21:09

  160:    0      0
   80:   70      0
   40:  124     36
   20:  212      3
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

"Just Wait Till Next Year"
With last year's score as a target, I blew the deal by finding some quick SSB
contacts on 10m and thought I could sustain the rate by shuffling back and
forth to the dark side....wrong!!!! Should have stuck with the plan and I would
have been better off for it.

Missed ND and SK which put my sweep bucket in the back of the room.  Sunday
morning when I woke after my 'forced time' nap, I found out that someone had
knocked off a power pole on the highway and 72 homes were without power...so we
waited and waited till it got back on. Spent some of that time saying my
goodbyes to W6NOW as he is on his way to Silicon Valley for his new job.

Sunday was raggedy sounding and I got a 3D Sun Alert from my phone app warning
of yet more CME activities.

Lots of fun all in all as usual and my be the last 'major' contest with this
antenna setup as expect new antenna here in week or so.

WN6K, Paul