[3830] CaQP K4BAI SOFixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 2 18:15:37 PDT 2011

                    California QSO Party

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: GA

  160:    1      0
   80:   40     30
   40:   74     90
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee.  Thanks to KU8E for
fixing up an old laptop for logging to replace mine for which the mouse had
become unstable.  He came down just before lunch on Saturday, so I was almost
ready at the beginning of the contest.  Discovered on first QSO that the .mlt
file was up to date and had to edit about half of the mults before making other
QSOs.  The new (to me) logging computer worked fine.  Nice to work 3D2R on one
band and T32C on several bands during the weekend.  Had very high line noise
and was unable to hear a few callers.  Band conditions on all six HF contest
bands seemed pretty good and certainly 10M was better than it has been for CQP
in many years.  Thanks for all QSOs. Thanks to K6AQL/M for many QSOs in
different counties and, I think on 80, 40, 20, and 15M.  Last county was
MERCed, for some reason.  I ended up working two of them. Next to last was
DELNorte.  I worked only one station there, but worked him on two bands.  Don't
think anyone thought it necessary to mount a county expedition to MERCed, but it
might be a good idea next year.

73, John, K4BAI.