[3830] CaQP W6YI(N6MJ) SOFixed HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 2 18:43:44 PDT 2011

                    California QSO Party

Call: W6YI
Operator(s): N6MJ
Station: W6YI

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: SDIE

  160:    27      9
    6:     0      0
    2:     0      0
--------------------
Total:  1136   1928  Mults = 58  Total Score = 421,312

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks again to Jim, W6YI, for letting me use his world class station.  Since
Win-Test doesn't do CQP, we had to tear the computer network apart and start
from scratch.  We settled on TR4W for this one, but won't make that mistake
again.  We will be ready to go next year with N1MM.

Conditions were great overall to the East, but over the pole suffered quite a
bit.  I  had visions of working hundreds of EU with the elevated solar numbers,
but it didn't pan out that way.  I only worked a hand full of EU on 10, 15 and
20, and the ones I did work were either very weak or extremely fluttery.

The rate at the beginning was much slower than normal, which I think was due to
the activity being spread out between 10, 15 and 20 instead of everybody being
crammed in just on 20m like years past.  The rate remained steady throughout
the day, and I was able to make up the lost ground by the evening.  If anybody
cares to see the rate sheet just let me know.

73,

Dan N6MJ