[3830] CaQP K6GHA SOFixed QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 3 15:15:08 PDT 2011

                    California QSO Party

Call: K6GHA
Operator(s): K6GHA
Station: K6GHA

Class: SOFixed QRP
QTH: Santa Cruz

  160:   0       0
   80:   0       1
   40:   0      24
   20:   0     159
   15:   0      71
   10:   0      21
    6:   0       0
    2:   0       0
--------------------
Total:   0     276  Mults = 48  Total Score = 26,496

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

My second CQP running SSB only, and first running QRP. Things started out well,
but I found that holding a frequency is not easy if no one can hear you. I was
squashed a number of times by folks settling up next to (or on top of) me with
much more power (even from out of state) forcing me to move.
 Had a few issues, antennas not very good with 80 and 40, a strange radio issue
that was cured with a power cycle, and usual operator improvements needed.  Only
ran 21 of my expected 24 hours with conditions favoring my lack of antennas.
Thankfully noticed a significant improvement over my first year, and the recent
SSB sprint helped overall skills.
 I already look forward next year to run in the 200W or less small pistol
group, retiring my 5W derringer, and getting a broom to sweep.
 Thanks to everyone who put this together, your time and investment makes the
one fun run every year.