[3830] Oceania CW K1TN SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 9 03:12:06 PDT 2011

                    Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Wisconsin

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:  12     10
   20:   3      3
   15:   6      5
   10:   8      7
-------------------
Total:  30     25  Total Score = 2,475

10 Meters a nice surprise. I didn't even turn on the computer for this one but
fortunately I kept a complete paper log. Nice to work T32C on 40, 15, and 10.
Worked most Oceania stations on only one band. Would have been nice if they had
moved around but the openings (to here) are short and I understand somebody
running on 10 Meters right through the 15 Meter opening. Compared to No 10
Meters, this is Not a Problem. I didn't ask anybody to more -- it's *their*
contest.

Elecraft K3, Ameritron AL-811 (250 watts output), 110 foot dipole, 40 Meter
vertical monopole.

A few days ago I put up a vertical monopole combo for 40 and 20 meters using
parallel elements. In this contest it was always better than the dipole on 40
but for the three Oceania I worked on 20 the dipole was better.

Jim Cain
At The K1TN Superstation
Northeastern Wisconsin