[3830] SAC SSB OH1F(@OH1AF) M/M HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 9 09:33:23 PDT 2011

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB

Call: OH1F
Operator(s): OH1HS, OH1LWZ, OH1NOA, OH1RX, OH1TM, OH6KZP, OH6XX, OG9X
Station: OH1AF

Class: M/M HP
QTH:

Total: 2854   289  Total Score = 2,012,307

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Thanks for qsos!

This year we had 4 guest operators: OH1RX, OH6KZP, OH6XX and OG9X. It is very
handy to have the SRAL Contest manager and the chief of SAC Contest Committee
in your SAC team :) For OH6XX and OG9X this was the first visit at our station.
For OH6KZP this was 2nd visit - the 1st was in 1998 CQWW.

Due to some techinical mistakes we didn't hear much on 10 meters on Saturday -
sorry for those who called us and we couldn't hear. After solving this problem
it was interesting to work some USA at 0130z! Sunday was quite slow on 10
meters but we managed to get few Asians. But few hundred qsos and a punch of
mults were lost. 15 meters was super, 20 meters suffered from aurora. Low bands
were really poor, numbers are down from last year. On 80 meters we couldn't get
anything going.

Hope to return with some new antennas - we have to compromise with the antenna
directions and it especially hurts on 20m (and some on 40m).