[3830] NyQP W6XR SOCW HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 16 08:47:00 PDT 2011

                    New York QSO Party

Call: W6XR
Operator(s): W6XR
Station: W6XR

Class: SOCW HP
QTH: Tompkins

  160:   17     0       0
   80:  110     0       0
   40:  165     0       0
   20:   90     0       0
   15:   66     0       0
   10:   87     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  535     0       0  Mults = 89  Total Score = 95,230

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Too Bad we had a solar event during the afternoon that effectively really slowed
the rate.  The conditions during the preceding weeks were just phenomenal and
using the bands as they were, I made a plan to take advantage of the superior
propagation.  Having a plan at hand, the sun decided to change its behavior,
rendering my plans pretty useless!

Did CW only this time to get me in the mood for my upcoming expedition during
the CQWW-CW and hopefully that will help.  Thanks to everyone who worked me as
W6XR/2 which sure is a fist full on CW.  Just imagine doing this contest
without a memory keyer -- no thanks.  Great operators stateside as well as the
many DX stations who called in.  The DX guys sure kept things rolling along.
Hopefully I'll work everyone in the NY gang from Eluthra (C6AXR) or whatever
call is used from the Bahamas.  Once again, thanks for the Q's and kudos to the
organizers, particularly having a 12 hour contest as some of us are really
getting older.

73

Natan W6XR
Freeville, NY

W6XR is:

Ten Tec Orion II with an Alpha 8410.

160 Antenna is a simple Inverted L at 95'

80 is a full wave vertical loop and a 1/4 wave aluminum monopole with lots of
radials

40 is a 2 el Force 12 Yagi at 100'

20/15/10 is a Force 12 C31XR at 90'

Rx Array is a switchable Pennant Array for low bands