[3830] WAG G0CKV SO CW LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 16 09:23:14 PDT 2011

                    Worked All Germany Contest

Call: G0CKV
Operator(s): G0CKV
Station: G0CKV

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Nr London

   80:  186             23
   40:  216             25
   20:  244             24
   15:   97             24
   10:   40             21
----------------------------
Total:  783      0     117  Total Score = 274,833

Club: Chiltern DX Club

Comments:

I managed to work a fair number of multipliers on 10 and 15 in spite of the
pretty short skip distance between SE England and DL and lacking the beams and
power to attempt serious backscatter. K3, WinKeyer and WinTest were stable as
always. Antennas were very low-key. A temporary push-up GRP pole on the rear
lawn supported a Cushcraft D5 trap dipole for 10-15-20 only 5m up and an
inverted V for 40 with the apex at 7m up. An old low inverted-L was tuned to 80
- this antenna is literally invisible having disappeared into the suburban
greenery but LP to this antenna doesn't set the trees on fire (or the bands for
that matter). The old 1mm wire does tune and I can make qsos so I guess it is
still out there somewhere. It is quite satisfying to be able to have great fun
with such humble sky-wires. Almost all was S&P.