[3830] TBDC KL7RA Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 23 17:02:44 PDT 2011

                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Alaska

Total:  QSOs = 128  Total Score = 1,081

No Europe runs and didn't get the sunrise east coast opening. The loud stations
calling CQ took a big drop into the noise for a few hours but then the band
came back at the end better and louder.

The night before I could use the vertical for receive as the band was very
quiet and signals were loud. For the contest the band was solid static crashes
and I had to use the Beverages which is a pain when working JA's and USA
interlaced. I also know a few really weak Ja's didn't make it into the log but
I did work a few 5 watt USA stations which was nice.

Last hour was lonely, band excellent but everyone had been logged and no new
activity could be chummed up calling CQ.

Next up the WW and we will be on top all night bleating away on SSB. Yeah, I
know but the rules say SSB so that's that.

73 Rich KL7RA