[3830] CQWW SSB K0VXU SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 30 17:19:49 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kansas

  160:    8     4        6
   80:   76    17       44
   40:   95    20       54
   20:  127    24       67
   15:  273    29      100
   10:  231    33      111
------------------------------
Total:  810   127      382  Total Score = 1,171,209

Club: KC Contest Club

Comments:

Great Contest!  Even better to have 10 and 15 Meters available.  My effort was
semi-serious as I was unable to put in the max time.  Spent a good deal of my
time in the nighttime hours on the low bands where my station is not as
competitive. But I had a good day on 15 and 10 meters throughout Sunday
afternoon.

Thanks to all who provided me with a QSO, especially a big thanks to those who
had to dig my signal out of the noise.

Now, let's see how the other guys in the KC Contest faired. I heard KU1CW
running them off several times on many of the bands.  I worked K0VBU and heard,
but did not work, K0OU.  Honorable mention goes to K0AP who has not yet decided
to join the club as he was quite active on all bands.

If 'ole Sol will hold up his end, this could be a great stretch of CQWW SSB DX
tests for the next several years.

73,
Russ - K0VXU