[3830] CQWW SSB WO7V SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 30 18:00:42 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: WO7V
Operator(s): WO7V
Station: WO7V

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    4     3        2
   40:   11     7        2
   20:  118    19       51
   15:  151    28       66
   10:  174    25       54

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Conditions were generally very good.  The 10 meter band proved to be the heavy
lifter which is very unusual compared to past contests.   The higher bands
crapped out earlier than I had expected.  The lower bands were very poor.
Actually somewhere between substandard and shitty!  The thing I like about band
conditions is you can only predict them with in about a foot and a half.  It's
really a crap shoot which is probably what makes the contests more interesting.
 I picked up a few new ones. I hope they all use lotw as I'm to cheap to send
out the cards!  The cq ww ssb is really the big Kahuna of contests.  It was my
first back in a previous life when we all used vacuum tubes, and we liked it!
Getting used to using my amp, antenna tuner and my beam antenna, and last but
not least, the flex radio (who needs knobs anyway).  In this contest, you
really need an amp.  I knew somebody the tried to do this contest without an
amp, but the a bunch of farrel lids threw him into the mosh pit, never to be
seen again.  I wonder what happened to old Housley anyway?  He would made a
good Elmer but he would never change his name!  The thing I like about cq's
tests is that you get 2 full days to work them.  Perhaps they should go for an
even week at 168 hours.  Or even better yet, how about a year at 8760 hours.
That would really make a man out of you.