[3830] CQWW SSB N4CW SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 30 18:44:28 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N4CW
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: N4CW

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: NC

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    0     0        0
   40:   29     7       24
   20:  159    32       86
   15:  115    32       98
   10:  187    31      102
------------------------------
Total:  525   102      310  Total Score = 609,760

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Almost all S&P (I did try to run 'em, but calling "CQ Contest" proved futile
with my puny signal...I did manage to snag two contacts that way, though!
Ran K3 barefoot at 100 watts with my tribander at 100 feet and a rotary dipole
at 92 feet for 40.
I fit the contest in between family obligations and church on Sunday. I don't
particularly enjoy SSB, but what a thrill working E2E, 9M2, JT0, and even BY
on 100W !!! Even after 55 years of hamming, it's still a "heart pounder" to
succeed even when you say, "No way!"
I just don't have the ears for this SSB stuff, particularly in serious
pileups.
But my reasoning was that if they're loud, I'm loud...it worked!
I'd NEVER try this with QRP! I heard a lot more rare stuff than I could
work...
Moreover, isn't it great how 10M was open right to the FM portion???
73,
Bert N4CW