[3830] CQWW SSB KU5B(@NX5M) SOSB(A)/15 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 30 18:45:07 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KU5B
Operator(s): KU5B
Station: NX5M

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: TX

   15: 1850    39      146
Total: 1850    39      146  Total Score = 797,720

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were pretty good with good signals from EU and JA. Nice to work so
many JA's and SE Asia stations.

Best moment by far was working A52AB Saturday night. That's a tough one from
here.

Heard a VU on Sunday morning but wasn't going to take the chance of calling him
when I really couldn't hear him that well. The only other mult I heard and
didn't work was FP. I heard him on 21170 QSYing up the band but never found him
again.

In addition to the 6 existing 15m monos I also had access to another high
rotatable beam for a quick switch to other directions.

The entire band was crowded every morning with EU and made finding a place next
to impossible but once the morning wore on I was able to find a few places and
had some really good EU runs especially on Saturday.