[3830] CQWW SSB W4QN SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 30 19:44:09 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W4QN
Operator(s): W4QN
Station: W4QN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Florida

  160:    2     2        1
   80:   70    15       48
   40:  172    30       79
   20:  229    30       98
   15:  296    31       97
   10:  597   126       35

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Conditions were fantastic - 10m packed from below 28.300 to 29.600, hard to find
space to make a run.  However S&P yield was comparable.  160m was a bust for me,
10m and 15m outstanding, finished on 20m alternating between EU and SA. Lots of
rare DX operating out of the US bands - Missed zones 23 and 26, couldn't break
the West coast pile-ups.  This score was my best to date, band conditions and
N1MM was the answer.  However my two element SteppIR 40m beam helped also. More
work on 80m and 160m antennas is in order.

Great Fun,
Norm W4QN