[3830] CQWW SSB SV5DKL SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 31 04:12:20 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: SV5DKL
Operator(s): SV5DKL
Station: SV5DKL

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Rhodes Isl. - EU-001
Operating Time (hrs): 07:45

  160:    2     2        2
   80:    8     7        8
   40:   12     8       12
   20:   17    10       10
   15:   22    14       20
   10:   56    23       49

Apart from family obligations, I managed to man 40m station of SX5P during the
first night of the contest, but spent rest of the weekend at home, where I
worked over a hundred new band-points for my DXCC Challenge award, and also a
all-time new one for me, ZK2X.
Explicit propagation on 10m and 15m from my part of the world...at last !!
Just a short notice: I feel that everyone is using DX-spotting assistance with
one way or another. Chasing new band-points throughout the contest, made me
realize that well-known NON-assisted (as they state) contesters, are always at
the pile-up when I (who am assisted alrighty !) arrive at the QRG. Or at most,
a few seconds later ;-)
I believe the CQ WW Committee should consider cancelling choice of
assisted/non-assisted for future participations. After all, why spend so much
time, energy and resources trying to figure out if a participant's log should
be re-ordered as Assisted ?? When one will want to cheat, he will find the way
... Besides following them, rules for some are also there to be broken ...
73s from Rhodes, Dodecanese.
Stathis, SV5DKL