[3830] CQWW SSB VA2WA(VA2WDQ) SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 31 07:09:31 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA2WA
Operator(s): VA2WDQ
Station: VA2WDQ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: nr.Montreal

  160:  100     3        2
   80:  115     9       22
   40:  114    14       56
   20:  208    25       72
   15:  248    22       83
   10:  562    26       87

Club: Contest Group du Quebec

Comments:

SO1R
Kenwood TS-590S
20-15-10: 2 el.yagi Cushcraft MA5B 10m up
160-80-40: Inverted L 9m up

Wow! What's a fantastic conditions! I forgot about run and just did S&P more
then 90% of the time enjoying chasing DX on different bands! Since I was not
using cluster that was nice to work some DX before pileup after a first DX
cluster spot. Unfortunately I couldn't be all the time in the air. Missed few
good hours because some family obligations.

That was the first time I decided to go with LP (100 watts from my TS-590S) to
a SSB test. Since I still use my modest small backyard antenna "farm" sometimes
that was very tough. I missed plenty of calls and mults I couldn't get through
pileups.

73!

Victor

VA2WDQ / VA2WA