[3830] CQWW SSB W0RX SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 31 07:17:41 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W0RX
Operator(s): W0RX
Station: W0RX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MN

  160:    6     5        4
   80:   19    12       16
   40:   35    16       28
   20:  172    30       83
   15:  243    32       99
   10:  543    32      106

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

The high point, of course, was working A52AB on 15.  At one point he was 10-15
over 9!  Of course that was AFTER I scraped him out of the noise to take my
call.  Wanted to call him again!  Also managed a cw and rtty contact with A5
like several others.  All new ones for me! Thanks guys!

I worked all zones but 37,39 and 23.  Not on any one band of course.  JT1DX was
20 over 9 but going by the numbers, starting with 1, and I never have had
patience for that.  I'm sure he didn't need my Q and I can live without his
under those circumstances.

Its been a long time since I've heard this good of openings into SE Asia.  Lots
of VU, YB, DU, HL, 9V etc. and nice signals.  Didn't hear Thailand, maybe due to
the flooding there.  Also must have worked over a dozen BY stations.

10 meters was better Sunday than Saturday here by far.  Not quite up to the
"good ole days" but it's obviously on a comeback.