[3830] CQWW SSB ES5TF(@ES5EC) SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 31 07:36:30 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ES5TF
Operator(s): ES5TF
Station: ES5EC

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Tartu, KO38ii

   80:   30     6       22
   40:   92    12       47
   20:  205    34       89
   15:  210    34       87
   10:  372    36       98
------------------------------
Total:  909   122      343  Total Score = 915,585

Very nice contest and good propagation on all bands I worked.
The goal for myself was to work all zones (all band) and I was successful,
altough my last one (39) came up very late - almost at the end of second day.
Got lots of new DXCC countries, too.

Learned the lesson that during good propagation, low power class can not call
CQ with great success. My CQ rate (with tribander+deltaloop) was much lower
than S&P rate.

Second note for myself was that in assisted class, contest was more or less
"click-and-work". All the bands were so crowded that strong stations after
every couple of kilohertz did not left much room for low power and (probably?)
therefore not spotted stations. I did a test - how many more stations can I
work scanning band manually vs click-and-work. Result on 20m and 15m was - I
got probably less than 10% more QSOs compared to case when I used only bandmap.