[3830] CQWW SSB K8BL SOAB(A) LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 31 07:54:47 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K8BL
Operator(s): K8BL
Station: K8BL

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: OHIO

  160:    4     3        4
   80:   22    10       20
   40:   51    14       50
   20:   92    33       87
   15:  100    30       95
   10:   78    28       76
------------------------------
Total:  347   118      332  Total Score = 421,200

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

I knew I couldn't spend a lot of time on this one (Phone - yuck!), so I decided
to work ONLY Mults. Did the Assisted Mode and only worked new Mults as they
showed up in the Band Map. Whenever I was fortunate enough to clear them all
out, I'd switch to another Band and do likewise. It was lots of fun! If I ran
out of Mults or couldn't break pileups in about 10 minutes, I'd go outside and
work on leaves (phooey!!).

Also, I had recently replaced all my wire antennas (160/80/40/30) with newly
constructed Bazookas and wanted to see how they performed. The 160 is a half
Bazooka configured as an Inverted L and the other three are Inverted Vees.
They
all performed as good as I had hoped and were nicely quiet due to being fully
at DC ground. It's also nice to be able to operate without a Tuner due to them
being very broadbanded. (XYL has a FIT when I go up the tower!!! HIHI)

What a pleasure having the Bands back in such great shape - FB propagation and
low QRN! I almost did a WAZ and only missed Zone 28.