[3830] CQWW SSB 8R1EA(AH8DX) SOSB/10 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 31 11:48:52 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 8R1EA
Operator(s): AH8DX
Station: AH8DX

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: GUYANA

   10: 4607    38      132

I will update my blog when I get back to the states.

http://ah8dx.wordpress.com/

Traveled very light for this trip taking just an Icom IC-7000, Elecraft
KPA-500watt Amplifier , Heil Headset, PowerSupply, Asis Notebook, Toothbrush
and a few cloths; all in my carry-on luggage. Plugged into my tribander @ 50'
that I have down here and tried to RUN. The key word in that sentence is
(tried) because I am starting to notice as I get older I am getting worse at
this and get frustrated more easily.

My pre-contest goal if conditions remained as hot as they have been on 10 was
6000 qso's or higher but a big wind/rain storm that killed some townspeople
came up the coast @ 2 a.m. local time Sunday morning caused power outages.
Power went down 4 times during the day and each time, I took a shower, got a
cup of coffee, rested on the bed just in time for the power to come back on in
a couple of hours. It gave me much needed energy but hurt my Q total.

My Country total is way down and it is not because I was not looking because I
was intent to leave a pile-up to go look. I know I missed tons and should have
worked harder at that the first day I think.

Thanks for all of the qso's and if I displeased anyone, please accept my
apologies.

GUD DX,

Craig, AH8DX & 8R1EA