[3830] CQWW SSB OL3R(OK1VWK) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 31 12:11:50 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OL3R
Operator(s): OK1VWK
Station: OK1VWK

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   23     4       20
   80:  304    11       60
   40:  420    19       78
   20:  565    36      125
   15:  976    39      133
   10:  836    40      142

First time SOAB HP effort. Still from my car. Big experience with station and
antenna setup. Tried to call US stations on 40. Bad direction of main radiation
pattern of my delta-loop caused low number of state side contatcts. The problem
is no space for change delta loop position. Antenna setup was changed just only
for last east-side opening on 40, because of good high bands. Some JAs and BYs
in the log confirmed 40m functionality.

Anyway absolutely another contest. No experience with totaly opened 10m band,
but fully enjoyed this conditions. Czech SOAB(A)HP high score record seems to
be broken :-)

Setup:
10/15/20m - 5el Hygain TH5MKII (10/15/20) at 15m
20m - 5el OWA at 15m
40m - Delta loop, dipole at 15m
80/160 - MorGain by EA6XD at 9m
80 - RX K9AY loops (BPF+LNA)
FT1kMP
OM-Power
Win-test

CU in next time ... de Milan, OK1VWK/OL3R